Monday, June 11, 2007

Hello, food world

I am what you might call the worst candidate to blog about food. Here are some of my anti-qualifications:
  • I lack a talent for making my own food. I'd like to say "I make a mean ..." anything, but I don't.
  • Whenever I try to cook, I leave the kitchen an incomprehensible mess.
  • I am clumsy, and my fingers fear my brain instructing them to hold a knife.
  • I don't eat certain foods for religious reasons.
  • In fact, I am squeamish about killing animals often used to make foods.
  • I was raised on processed food and fast food, and the Croissan'wich is still probably in my top ten favorite things to eat.
  • I'm not even that good a waitress. I was known as a tray-dropper.
  • I've never been to a bunch of important food countries, such as anywhere in Europe.

So why am I doing this? Because in spite of the above, I love food, I love eating out, I love occasional feeble attempts at cooking as long as someone else helps me with dishes, and for some reason, I love television about food.

This summer I will attempt to blog Hell's Kitchen and we'll see how that goes. The second episode just aired, so I have some catching up to do. In the meantime, you can entertain yourself with my Yelp reviews.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.